Staff Architect (2-4 years post-degree experience)
Cycle Architecture, a Brooklyn-based architecture and planning practice notable for innovative work in developing equitable, low carbon, community-centered, and resilient design solutions for existing buildings is seeking architectural staff to support deep energy retrofit projects. We’re looking for a problem solver with workplace experience (of any kind) and a passion for design ecology to join our team and support our growing practice in multiple ways.
- Develops, documents, and implements design, including detailing, material specifications, research, analytics, calculations, code compliance and quality control.
- Produces construction documents with a strong sensitivity to design.
- Coordinates the project delivery process with project consultants
- Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports, answers RFIs, reviews shop drawings and prepares change bulletins.
- Performs independent research related to our work.
- Maintains personal organization and take ownership over assigned tasks
- Works with teams of all sizes, both within and outside of Cycle Architecture
- BA in Architecture or related design/engineering field required.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to Create architectural plans and models using Revit and graphics with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Rhino/Parametric modeling (Grasshoper, Dynamo)
- Work experience in design, construction, or sustainability fields and in collaborative work environments.
- An abiding interest in issues of the environment, including sustainability, resilience, robust solutions, and environmental justice.
- Interest or experience with offsite fabrication techniques
- Field experience in construction, preferably on multi-family buildings.
This is a professional position, with opportunity and potential for growth as our company grows. Salary Range $70-80k.
Cycle Architecture, PLLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Submit cover letter (important!), resume and work samples via email to: Inquiries@c-ap.net