Jo Cowen Architects is looking for a senior urban designer with master planning and MicroStation experience to join its team in London.
Jo Cowen Architects is an award-winning architectural practice with an experienced team of architects, designers, masterplanners and placemakers based in Chelsea, London.
We are looking for a senior urban designer with masterplanning experience in medium/large scale masterplan projects, who wants to join our busy and expanding team. We are seeking long term team members who want to grow in our studio. We work with clients on a broad mix of projects, which range from new settlements, new town centres to smaller residential developments within existing town and city centres.
- RIBA Part 2 or Part 3 qualified with a minimum of three years in practice
- UK based experience of masterplanning is required
- client facing position, therefore good communication skills are essential
- ability to work accurately and efficiently
- knowledge and experience to create technically sound and high quality housing layouts
- have excellent visual and graphic skills and the ability to communicate design work through sketches, diagrams and drawings
- excellent Microstation user
- SketchUp skills would be preferable, but not essential
Salary level will be dependent on experience of the applicant.
The studio has a great design atmosphere and a structured career growth and mentorship on offer with generous benefits, including group life assurance, health insurance, income protection insurance, continued CPD training, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Please submit your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below – quoting ‘senior urban designer’ in your cover note.
No agencies please.
Jo Cowen Architects is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed.
Any offer of employment with JCA will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.