Workshop/APD is an award-winning New York City-based multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From sleek penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance the user’s experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of creative architects, interior designers and product designers leverage their vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
We are looking for a senior interior designer to join our team and work on residential projects. The candidate should have design experience on high-end residential projects where he/she was involved in all phases of the interior design process. The ideal candidate would be a gifted designer who is organized and able to envision, manage and execute parts of a project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sourcing of furniture, lighting and fabrics and finishes
- Updating and maintaining Furniture plans in AutoCAD
- Creating, updating and Maintaining Elevations in AutoCAD as Rendered elevations
- Working with Design Director to prepare client presentation
- Maintaining and managing project budgets and timelines and overall day to day project needs and expectations
Requirements & Qualifications
- Professional Degree in Interior Design or related field
- Be able to showcase finished work in your portfolio and discuss what your role was
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, Studio Webware (this is a plus but not mandatory) and all Adobe programs
- Passionate, self-motivated designer
- Ability to work in a team and manage yourself, those below you and relay all info to senior staff
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, IDP mentorship and AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days).
$90,000 – $110,000
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio to here. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.