Float Studio is a rapidly growing firm with a focus on creating spaces for start-ups, tech companies, and other creative agencies.
ROLE: The Senior Designer will have strong drafting capabilities, working on all stages of interior architectural projects, focused on commercial spaces.
YOU ARE: You think on your feet, are organized, and friendly. You work well under pressure and take initiative. You are a self-starter and don’t need constant instruction. You have an eye for detail and the ability to describe what you want. You are an expert updating and managing project budgets. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You are ready to take your skills to the next level and start working on some of the most exciting commercial projects.
- Manage all aspects of projects under direction from partners
- Develop design presentations clearly communicating concept and material selections throughout all stages of the project
- Develop detailed plans and elevations for client presentation, bidding and construction
- Manage project budget, tracking and updating continuously
- Communicate project progress and updates to clients regularly
- Place and track FF&E orders and manage installations
- Manage design assistants
- 5+ Years of experience in commercial or residential design
- B.Arch or M.Arch required. Preference for candidate licensed in New York State
- Comprehensive knowledge of architectural drawing standards
- Experienced with AutoCad or Vectorworks, 3D rendering programs (SketchUp, Rhino or other) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to stay organized between multiple projects
- Effective communicator between managers, clients, consultants and vendors
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience placing and tracking orders and coordinating installations
- Exceptional presentation and graphic abilities
- Experience in construction administration and its related duties
- Ability to work within short deadlines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Please send work samples, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the desired role as the subject line.