ShubinDonaldson is a growing, award-winning design practice, staffed by 50 architects and designers, plus support personnel. Current work includes a diverse listing of projects ranging from ground-up mixed-use, multi-family and office; creative office interiors; core & shell offices; retail stores; to community centers and custom residences. See our work at www.shubindonaldson.com
Leads generation of architectural presentations and design studies, as well as evaluation of design proposals under the direction of the Design Director, Senior Design Manager or Partner. Requires minimum eight years’ experience.
8+ years’ experience
- Develop conceptual designs and presentations.
- Provide guidance to junior and architectural designers.
- Oversee collection and dissemination of project data and research; perform advanced code specific calculations.
- Ability to manage design process and incorporation of building codes.
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, physical models and presentation drawings as project requires.
- Resolve design issues with creative and practical solutions; prepare complete designs from general drawings and instructions.
- Ability to independently coordinate consultants, fabricators, vendors and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives. Report progress to Senior Design Manager or Principal / Partner.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and programs.
Skills / Requirements
- 8+ years of experience on architecture projects
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Sketchup, Photoshop, Rhino, and InDesign.
- Strong understanding of materials and construction techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple or fast paced projects.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Medical, dental, and long-term disability insurance is offered to full-time employees. SD pays 100% of the above employee’s insurance! We also offer the opportunity to contribute to our 401k matching plan.
Those interested in applying at ShubinDonaldson may submit their requests electronically, noting the following requirements;
- In a single PDF attachment, include a one page cover letter, your resume, and no more than twelve pages illustrating your best work.
- PDF resolution can be optimized for quality screen view, and should benefit your work. Please do not exceed 10MB.
- Format the subject line as ‘[name]- [LA Sr. Designer, Com]- [school]’ and leave the body of the email empty
Career positions are intended to be full time, and all applicants should have a commitment and the ability to work for at least one year. International applicants are responsible for obtaining the required documents and permissions for working within the U.S. We will be unable to respond personally to each applicant. If you have not been contacted after four months, you are welcome to reapply. No phone calls or walk ins will be accepted. Submissions and inquires may be made to JOBS@shubindonaldson.com