Workshop for Architecture is collaborative design-build practice specializing in residential, commercial and institutional projects that are technically challenging, sustainability conscious and aesthetically driven. Our joint company, Workshop for Construction, constructs all our designs with a strong emphasis on quality control, practical management and teamwork. Our office is an immersive environment emphasizing a real world approach to design & construction.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced, Senior Architect/Designer to work for our New York office. This candidate will work directly with the Principal in overseeing the design, production and administration of all projects.
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven interest in a design-build practice
- Clear and strong ability to articulate design initiatives and concepts
- Able to inspire and motivate other team members to a common cause and utilize their skills effectively
- Capable of using a variety of mediums, such as model-making, 3D modeling, sketching and digital graphics in order to represent design concepts and solutions
- Capable of independently understanding, articulating and managing the required tasks to complete project goals
- Able to build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Actively engage and assist Principal to raise office standards and goals
- Masters degree in architecture from accredited U.S. university
- 8-10 years full-time experience through all phases of design & construction
- Proficient in MicroStation (preferred), AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, Excel and Microsoft Projects
- US citizen or hold valid work visa (provide visa type & duration)
- Registered Architect and/or LEED accreditation desirable
- Submit cover letter, current resume and work samples to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work submitted must include design examples solely by the candidate as well as other professional work samples. Limit file size to 4MB.
- Candidates must have legal work status in the U.S.
- Please provide salary history and/or requirement
- Only qualified applicants should apply