Nelligan White Architects is a 20‐person firm located in New York’s Flatiron district. The majority of our design work is focused on municipal, cultural, educational, and multi‐residential housing projects. We have also been recognized for our expertise in resilience master planning and sustainability.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Highly motivated
- The ability to work independently and lead a team
- Exemplary verbal and written communication
- Senior-level work experience with all phases of design and construction administration
- Experience with new construction and rehabilitation of buildings
- Be a conceptual thinker with strong technical skills (design and drawing)
- Experience providing detailed construction documents
- Experience writing specifications
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare original architectural plans, diagrams, and data visualization.
- Lead design assignments and supervise team progress.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard planning techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Using judgment for minor adaptations and modifications.
- Recommend procedures in planning matters.
- Work from plans/designs of others to compile data and perform design computations.
- Assist in writing specifications.
- Visits construction sites to gather information.
- Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives and independently provides solutions for these objectives.
- Support Principals/Partners on large projects.
- Manage a team of intermediate to junior designers
- 10 years experience with a professional degree in Architecture and a license in New York State
- High proficiency with AutoCAD. Adobe Suite knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to grasp complex functional program requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well leading a team environment with a collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Experience working with large public agencies is a plus
- Cover letter
- Resume in PDF format
- Portfolio and work samples include renderings and construction document samples
- Salary requirements
- Two references that you have worked directly within the last five years
Salary range: $90,000-$100,000 *or as appropriate for the experience level.
Apply with the following items attached as one PDF in a zip file, Please enter “Senior Architect” in the subject line. email@example.com
Nelligan White Architects offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, disability insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation. This is a full‐time, exempt position.
Nelligan White Architects, PLLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Nelligan White Architects expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.