We are looking for a senior architect to become part of a forward thinking, design led, and ambitious architectural practice in the West Country.
The position will be full time, based in either our Somerset studio near the beautiful Exmoor coast, or our studio in Honiton, Devon close to the Blackdown Hills, where we work across both counties. You will be part of a focussed, friendly, and supportive studio, where we support flexible ways of working to allow a good work-life balance for our team. A part time role would also be considered for the right person. We care about architecture, we value our team and we work in wonderful locations.
Our studios are a collaborative design environment where solving problems through good design is a fundamental part of practice life. We will invest in you, learn from you, and will value what you have to offer.
Louise Crossman Architects is an Employee Ownership Trust, offering a real engagement with the future of the practice as well as potential for additional rewards, over and above agreed salary, depending on practice performance.
We are committed to creating uniquely tailored architecture where our projects are predominantly private residential and cultural. You will be responsible for leading your own projects from concept to completion with support from our talented and experienced team. The position will suit someone who is excited by the reuse and renewal of existing buildings, by sustainable construction, as well as contemporary architecture, with excellent design, technical and organisational skills. Your role will also include providing support and guidance to other team members.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced architect working towards associate level, who is creative and focused, and who cares about good design, while thriving on the technical demands of delivering great architecture in a collaborative environment.
Skills and Experience
- Have at least 5 years post Part 3 in-practice UK experience working with a portfolio of projects through all RIBA Stages of work, from concept design, through to construction and practical completion and beyond.
- Be able to work in a focused manner, and have good design and technical skills.
- Enjoy the challenge of designing and executing bespoke projects often in traditional buildings, and in beautiful yet sensitive contexts or settings.
- Care about and have experience of sustainable construction and energy efficient design.
- Have a friendly approach and a willingness to work as a team player, as well as engage with clients and consultants.
- Do you thrive within beautiful landscapes and outdoor environments? We regularly work within National Parks and AONBs.
- Do you have experience of using Vectorworks, Adobe Suite and NBS Building software, where we use Apple Macs? Whilst experience of these would be an advantage, training will be given if needed.
- Will you bring fresh ideas and experience that will make a difference and contribute to our practice?
Please send a covering letter, outlining why you would like to join us, along with your cv and not more than 6 examples of your own design work and technical construction drawings.