DSEA (DSE Architecture, Inc.) is seeking an experienced Project Manager and/or a Project Architect with 5-7 years or more of experience in design and construction document preparation on commercial, retail, school, and residential projects. DSEA specializes in needs analysis, planning, design, construction document preparation and construction project management of educational, commercial, institutional, and residential projects. We model all projects in 3D and are looking for team members with this background. We also do historic preservation projects with our office is located in a historic commercial district. DSEA is small and growing and provides opportunities for a diverse range of responsibilities with an energetic and comfortable work environment.
The position will assumes a lead role on specific projects with the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Design opportunities on projects
- Manage full document development on projects coordinating with the Principal, Project Architect, and CAD support.
- Client and consultant coordination.
- Development of design documents including 3D modeling.
- Awareness of project budgets.
- Coordinate and manage project schedules.
- Process projects through agency approvals.
- Develop construction details consistent with the design and project requirements.
- Minimum 5-7 years construction document production experience.
- B.Arch minimum required
- Knowledge of current edition of CBC and accessibility requirements
- Construction administration experience preferred
- Must be able to develop construction documents using CAD and 3D modeling program (ArchiCAD experience preferred or Revit/AutoCAD)
- Experience coordinating with clients, consultants and agencies.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Not required to be licensed but position will provide experience towards obtaining qualifications for California or NCARB licensure.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send resume (with references) and work sample in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org (10MB maximum). No phone calls please.