As a senior designer you will be responsible for project concept, architectural direction, building character and development of overall design direction. You will also be involved in site master planning, coordination with various design team consultants and entitlement processes. The project designer will help evolve big idea concepts and strive to move the firm’s design capabilities forward. The project designer will be responsible for the successful development of major project efforts.
- Participate in the programming phase of the project.
- Create initial site diagrams to validate site and building capacity based on all client information,
- and city planning requirements, etc.
- Responsible for site planning, building plans, and façade design concepts. Implement design vision.
- Oversee development of design drawings and presentation images.
- Coordinate with project team and others.
- Attend meetings with clients, city, and community groups.
- Coordinate and review SD, DD, and CD drawing packages to ensure design intent is met.
- Participate in marketing interviews and presentations.
- Minimum of eight years of architectural experience.
- Capable of developing the design of more than one project at a time.
- Ability to explore multiple design options and solutions.
- Strong design sensibility – proportions, scale, color, materiality, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the architectural practice with an emphasis on programming, planning, design, planning codes, building materials, and construction methodologies.
- Experience with large scale commercial, office, campus, R&D, and life science projects.
- Expert knowledge in conceptual design, master planning, and in the entitlement process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
Together, we design places that inspire people to learn, to cure, to heal to connect to community, to change the world and to dream…won’t you join us?
DES Architects + Engineers has designed working, learning, and healing environments for our clients for 45 years. As a full-service design firm with offices in Redwood City and San Francisco we provide creative and sustainable solutions that serve the needs of life science, technology, healthcare, education, and development communities.
DES is committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. In addition to offering competitive salaries and bonuses, we provide 100% company-paid employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as short and long-term disability benefits. The company offers a robust 401k plan with a generous company match and profit sharing. We offer a collaborative, friendly fun environment for our employees to thrive in, while offering a multitude of creative perks that you will be sure to appreciate.
We welcome, recognize, celebrate and encourage diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Our teams are comprised of people with experiences from diverse backgrounds which helps us gain a fresh perspective while challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
DES Architects + Engineers is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas.
Please apply at the following link: