Lambert McGuire is an architecture & interior design studio led by Liz Lambert, former founder of Bunkhouse Group, and Larry McGuire of McGuire Moorman Hospitality now McGuire Moorman Lambert Hospitality. The design studio is based in Austin, Texas and primarily focuses on specialty hotel and restaurant projects.
We are looking for a well rounded Designer to add to our growing team. This individual is motivated and can be self directed while staying attentive to deadlines and deliverables. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take on responsibility at a growing firm. We prefer a minimum of 3 years full-time experience working in a similar capacity. Salary will be competitive in the current market and commensurate with skills and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work both individually in a self-directed role on smaller projects as well as working in a collaborative environment on larger project teams under a Project Lead.
- Strong understanding of each phase of the design process (SD, DD,and CD) as well as how to coordinate drawings accordingly. Must be able to design and document for such phases.
- Can develop design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team and client.
- Able to develop space planning concepts and generate program documents to support.
- Assist in creation of conceptual design packages for feasibility studies and projects as directed by Project Leads.
- Assist and research in color, materials and finishes to appropriately convey design concepts.
- Participate in selection and specification of furniture, fixtures, equipment and millwork; provision of contract documents to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of furniture.
- Desire to design and develop custom lines of furniture and millwork systems.
- Ability to develop relationships with local and national vendors as it relates to FFE.
- Provide support in administration of contract documents, bids and negotiations to ensure completion and execution of projects as it relates to Design scope.
- Prepare for and participate in client/ownership presentations.
- Exposure to project coordination with contractors, vendors and fabricators.
*Be a supportive team member, fostering a positive, enthusiastic and constructive environment for our design team to do their best work.
Skills and Requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Professional degree in Interior or Architecture from an accredited program
- Retail/Hospitality experience preferred
- Experience in FFE specification and documentation
- Vendor relationship management
- Strong interpersonal skills to convey design intent and direction.
- Basic knowledge of codes and regulations relevant to building design and construction.
- Basic knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proficient in Revit, Enscape, BIM 360, and AutoCAD
Please send all resumes to email@example.com