Doing Good with Great Design
GGA+ is an ideas and research-based, human-centered practice, with a mission of creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive urban environments. We believe in holistic design that is deeply rooted in community. Our studio culture supports every individual and values curiosity, humor, and life balance as much as rigor and expertise. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, flexible work schedules, and work-from-home options, GGA+ offers a dynamic, collaborative design culture that encourages personal growth and learning through an informal, collegial, safe environment that fosters inclusivity, encourages risk taking, and, above all else, thinking BIG!
- Design. Must have excellent design, modeling, and graphic skills. Coordinates the overall project design, and independently develops creative-design concepts for projects through all project phases. Contributes to regular and collaborative project design charrettes and discussions. Prepares presentation and design documentation.
- Project Execution. Works on multiple small to midsize projects, assisting all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure efficient and effective execution. Works directly and in support of Project Architect, Project Manager, or Architect of Record. Receives technical guidance and supervisory approval. Assists Project Architect/Manager in the development and coordination of project drawings and specifications for bidding and construction. Provides input to the design and construction schedule. Oversees project team adherence to firmwide project delivery processes and standards. May be assigned limited Project Manager responsibilities.
- Team Leadership. Promotes effective team communication and skillfully works alongside internal and external collaborators. Organizes and directs the architectural team to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and coordinated manner. Mentors junior design staff.
- Quality Control and Technical Standards. Ensures project documentation meets GGA firm-wide and specific Client standards, as well as code and agency compliance.
- Marketing and Business Development. Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external collaborators. Participates in the industry and professional events.
- Firm Culture Advocate. Shares GGA+ mission and values of curiosity, inclusion, social responsibility, and collaborative design. Is engaging, fun to work with, and wants to have a meaningful impact
- BArch from accredited university – Minimum 3 years of related professional experience required
- On path to professional licensure in California (NCARB Architectural Experience Program
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Rhino, digital fabrication, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Annual salary ranges from $75,000 to $110,000.
Email inquiries to email@example.com