SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for a Project Architect to join our team. The role can be fulfilled from the Bay Area or the Sacramento Region.
Working with us, you will:
- Play a key leadership role and be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Programming and Schematic Design through Construction.
- Demonstrate technical skills on major projects.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Develop, review, and approve proposals, reports, and contract documents
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience.
- LEED AP preferred. Architectural Registration preferred.
- Working knowledge of engineering systems; can successfully engage with professionals in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and build client relationships and trust.
- Strong mentoring, written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- High proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.