Project Architect (Lab Planning Focused Project Architect)
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in architecture
REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Professional architectural license preferred but not required EXPERIENCE: 5 years+ architectural firm experience.
About JWA: We are in the business of transformation. Together with our clients and partners, we envision spaces where people are freed to work more productively, make discoveries, and live healthier and more joyful lives.
We love what we do. And we work not just for the love of architecture and design, but to satisfy our calling to improve the quality of life in our communities, both today and in the sustainable future. Our process is collaborative by design.
We value and develop long-term partnerships with clients across a broad range of industries and institutions. By leveraging the design intelligence of the group, and making connections across industries and disciplines, we see farther than any of us could alone. That is how innovation happens.
We have a culture that values responsiveness, hard work, creative problem solving and design excellence, and a respect for the environment we inhabit. We are able and responsible designers and partners, creating environments that we need and use, supporting the life of our community.
Why we are looking for you: We are looking for a qualified Architectural professional that is aligned with our values to join our award-winning architectural, planning, and interior design firm. We seek professionals to work across our Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, N.C and Austin, TX offices that will bring knowledge, experience, and expertise to the role of Lab Planning Focused Project Architect. The Lab Planning Focused Project Architect will be an integral part of the design team for learning environments, workplace design, and other specialty types for a broad range of clients from Science & Tech, Industrial to Educational and Cultural Institutions.
The Lab Planning Focused Project Architect will focus on planning and execution of projects from inception through completion. Direct, mentor, and/or review work of team members and/or consultants while developing design and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project.
· Produce construction documents, including life safety sheets, typical and specific details, plans, reflected ceiling plans, interior and exterior elevations, sections, and schedules.
· Maintain selection and specification of furniture.
· Contribute to and inform construction document production.
· Support Deign Quality Management tasks and goals.
· Identify and employ methods for improving the quality of documentation for the firm to mitigate risk.
· Lead client meetings and interfaces with clients and consultants.
· Meet with Project Manager or the Partner-In-Charge on a regular basis to ensure projects are executed according to clients’ goals and expectations.
· Lead programming and lab planning workshops
· Kick off Lab Planning projects coordinating multiple vendors.
· Recommend types of lab system and direct engineering consultant coordination
· Coordinate equipment and utility needs with client and engineering consultants
· Perform code analysis and specify architectural systems.
· Basic understanding of interior and exterior building materials, with respect to comparative costs; key performance and installation concerns; contributions to sustainable design goals; and other crucial features
· An eagerness to develop your ability to produce a set of construction documents, including life safety sheets, typical and specific details, plans, reflected ceiling plans, interior and exterior elevations, sections, and schedules.
· Experience writing specifications and the ability to teach this skill to less experienced designers.
· Solid understanding of building and life safety code
· Ability to design, product technical documentation, and understanding of the construction administration process.
· Intermediate skills and knowledge of the selection and specification of furniture, selecting upholstery, finishes, ergonomic options, power/data integration, etc.
· Knowledge of national lab planning systems
· Knowledge of diverse lab types, standing lab systems, and
· 8 years + of architecture experience
· Ability to implement a variety of different standard lab systems into design.
· Familiarity with Enscape. Proficient use of AutoCAD and Sketchup.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is a plus.
· An interest or expertise in sustainable design is a plus.
· Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in architecture
· Project related travel 1-4 times a year out of state; local travel in city of Philadelphia and surrounding areas for onsite meetings and project needs.
Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are currently unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.
JacobsWyper will not be accepting outside recruitment assistance on this position including from agencies with a written agreement in place. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume to JacobsWyper does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of JacobsWyper. JacobsWyper will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity.