UNRUH BOYER is looking for a talented and motivated Architectural Designer to join our team. Our projects include custom residential projects, ground up, additions and remodels as well as commercial spaces focused on creative and contemporary design, committed to attention to detail in both form and material. Our office environment offers great growth potential for motivated individuals who are looking to advance their careers and are willing to take on responsibility. We typically stay involved with projects from the design process to completion, so the ideal candidate will be able to engage at a conceptual design level to construction supervision.
We are seeking an Architectural Designer with a minimum of 3 years of office experience who will assist with generating construction documents, the production of presentations and visualizations, as well as researching building codes and permit requirements. The ideal candidate should be confident on a job site, eager to work collaboratively on design solutions with our consultants and construction partners. This position works directly with our founding partners and team members as well as independently, guiding projects through all design phases and construction.
- Develop a project’s program into alternative conceptual design proposals. Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, CD’s, and 3D image formats.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Assist in maintaining office administrative formats.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to manage and produce a comprehensive Construction Documents package.
- Ability to create details of interior and exterior assemblies.
- Project Management experience desired.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, some Revit.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering.
- Ability to create compelling renderings with strong skills in: Enscape, Acrobat DC, additional familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in other software including Microsoft Sharepoint, Excel, Outlook, Word and Teams
- Hand sketching ability.
- Strong written, oral, and graphic communication skills.
- Experience in residential and commercial construction details and methods.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities, attention to detail, good organizational skills, self-motivated, and able to work collaboratively.
- Basic understanding of the building code, zoning codes and Los Angeles permitting process
- Some construction administration experience required.
- Access to a car and the ability to drive to project site locations.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of responsibility.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Legal work status in the United States.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, in-person position. Office hours have some flexibility, but we require a minimum of four days a week in-person as collaboration is fundamental to our process.
Annual base salary range is currently: $64,000 – $85,000. Starting salary will be within that range, and is commensurate to job-related education, knowledge, and experience.
UNRUH BOYER strives to ensure a flexible work environment, sensitive to family and personal emergencies. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- 6 days paid sick leave
- 10 days of paid vacation
- 6 additional paid days off per year (usually Fridays) to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Paid holidays: (depending on the calendar) December 24- Jan 2nd, MLK day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
UNRUH BOYER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a PDF of your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Tony@unruhboyer.com. with the subject line “Architectural Designer”. Please limit file sizes to 10 mb.