Project Architect – Certified licensed architect plus a minimum of three years of architecture related experience. Fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of large size and complexity. Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, including investigation, evaluation and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs. Provides professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects. Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs. Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. May provide technical guidance to less experienced architects.
In response to Covid-19 state and local ordinances, NAC employees are currently working remotely. In the future, NAC will be implementing a hybrid work policy when state and local ordinances lift restrictions and NAC determines that it is safe to return to the office.
• Licensed Architect who works independently and is responsible for finished plans, specifications and approval of materials and construction
• Coordinates on the planning and development of construction and design document production, and provide technical expertise to ensure coordinated and high-quality documents
• Responsible to conduct construction administration duties, such as site visits, RFI responses, submittals, and punch list reviews
• Involve explorations of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation and development of novel concepts and methods
• Participates in preparing reports and specifications. Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations
• Responsible to follow project budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with Project Manager
• Responsible to monitor personal billing and works at maximizing team’s quality and efficiency in assigned tasks
• Responsible to coordinate with clients, project team, consultants, and contractors to ensure trust and confidence
• Provide leadership and oversight of a team of project architects, project associates and interns.
• Provide leadership for team and client meetings
• Assists in analyses of design, design data, and planning as it relates to project scope
• Contribute innovative design solutions that consistently capture the intended design vision
• Contribute to bold design solutions that balance scale, aesthetics, and context to maximize the impact to the individual and community
• May participate in marketing efforts and lead presentations to prospective clients
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD required
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Proficiency with Sketch Up or Rhino required. Lumion, Enscape and V-Ray are a plus
• Strong working knowledge of zoning and building codes, specifications, building /engineering systems and agency requirements (NFPA, ADAAG, FGI, OBC, IBC, etc.)
• Possesses a balanced blend of design and technical skills.
• Knowledge in the design process, construction documentation and construction administration.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet schedule deadlines and work within the client’s budget.
• Excellent organizational skills and client presentation skills.
• Passion for providing exceptional client service.
• Collaborative and professional work ethic.
• Certified Architectural License required
• NCARB Certificate as needed on project assignments
• LEED AP and sustainable design experience preferred
• May direct and mentor project associates or interns.
• This position operates in a professional open office environment with low to moderate noise levels including collaborative work areas for team meetings. Each office location has a workstation for scanning/ photocopying and a café for dining. Building construction sites may include varying temperatures, wind, dust, and noise levels and may include hazardous and dirty conditions.
• In response to Covid-19 state and local ordinances, NAC employees are currently working remotely. In the future, NAC will be implementing a hybrid work policy when state and local ordinances lift restrictions and NAC determines that it is safe to return to the office.
• Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.
• Ability to lift a set of construction documents.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Position Type/Hours expected to work
• This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week.
• Occasional travel depending on project assignments.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited university preferred or have met the required architectural experience for license testing.
• Master of Architecture preferred.
• A minimum of three years of architecture practice experience.
• Sponsorship may be considered.
For consideration, please submit resume, cover letter and work sample link Here
or visit our career page at www.nacarchitecture.com