Doing Good with Great Design
GGA+ is an ideas and research-based, human-centered practice, with a mission of creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive urban environments. We believe in holistic design that is deeply rooted in community. Our studio culture supports every individual and values curiosity, humor, and life balance as much as rigor and expertise. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, flexible work schedules, and work-from-home options, GGA+ offers a dynamic, collaborative design culture that encourages personal growth and learning through an informal, collegial, safe environment that fosters inclusivity, encourages risk taking, and, above all else, thinking BIG!
- Design . Must have excellent design, modeling, and graphic skills. Coordinates the overall project design, and independently develops creative-design concepts for projects through all project phases. Contributes to regular and collaborative project design charrettes and discussions. Prepares presentation and design documentation.
- Project Execution. Handles multiple small to midsize projects. Responsible for finished plans, specifications, approval of materials, and construction. Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Exercises independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans. Directs and coordinates consultant team. Oversees project team adherence to firmwide project delivery processes and standards. May be assigned certain Project Management responsibilities.
- Team Leadership. Promotes effective team communication and skillfully works alongside internal and external collaborators. Fosters mutually professional working relationships within project teams, as a leader who is a champion for others and who builds trust through empathetic listening and technical and design mentorship. Oversees and mentors technical staff.
- Quality Control and Technical Leadership. Ensures project documentation meets GGA firm-wide and specific Client standards, as well as code and agency compliance.
- Marketing and Business Development. Actively seeks out business development opportunities. Participates in marketing interviews. Nurtures and actively promotes relationship with client management and staff team. Represents firm and is actively involved in the industry and professional events.
- Firm Culture Advocate. Promotes GGA+ mission and values of curiosity, inclusion, social responsibility, and collaborative design. Is engaging, fun to work with, and wants to have a meaningful impact.
- BArch or MArch from accredited university
- Professional licensure in California required – Minimum 6 years of related professional experience required
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Rhino, digital fabrication, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Annual salary ranges from $90,000 to $125,000.
Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org