Studio Ma seeks a practiced Planner with exceptional planning skills and 5-7+ years professional experience. The position will require a strong understanding of foundational planning concepts, analytical data, and cultural competency in various contexts. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship through their work and interests and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
- Lead research and analysis spanning a range of topics and contexts; provide technical assistance on topics related to planning / zoning / environmental concerns.
- Gather data, analysis, and organization of information into reports and graphic formats; conduct client interviews, prepare functional space program documents, conceptual design alternatives and other deliverables for space planning initiatives.
- Prepare, review, and issue programming and space planning deliverables in graphic and quantitative formats from a range of source materials including space surveys, end user interviews, program information, functional analyses, benchmarking, and other sources of information.
- Apply a thorough working knowledge of zoning reviews, standards, and technologies to projects of varying scale and complexity.
- Utilize quantitative analysis skills and the ability to structure and interpret data to better inform physical planning processes.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with public and private client groups, consultants, and vendors.
- Lead efforts in planning concepts; develop and oversee medium to large scope, complex projects with corresponding medium to large project teams, and with minimal supervision from senior staff or principals.
- Confidently present project findings and data to client groups using compelling story telling and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with an ability to work both independently and collaborate with junior staff as well as leadership.
SKILLS + EDUCATION
- 5-7+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Planning or a related field
- Proficiency with spatial analysis workflows and software, such as ArcGIS
- Technical skills must include Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud, and preferably Rhino, and SketchUp
- Technical skills that include energy modeling using Climate Studio and Energy Plus are preferred
This is a full-time, in-office (in-person) position. Candidates must be U.S. citizens, and we cannot sponsor visas at this time. Studio Ma offers a best-in-class compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health, disability, and 401(K) plans. Salary ranges from $77,000-$98,000 depending on level of experience.
ABOUT STUDIO MA:
Recognized as an Architectural Record Vanguard Firm, and an AIA Firm of the Year, Studio Ma is an internationally recognized architecture firm that designs inspiring environments for all. Guided by holistic perspective, deep expertise, and shared passion, the studio creates the balance of joy within and function throughout.
Please submit resume, portfolio and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with ‘Planner’ in the subject line.
Please do not send attachments exceeding 8 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls or visits, please.