Tonkin Liu is looking for a practical and poetic part 2 architectural assistant to join its growing team in London.
We are currently leading a design team for the redesign of Grosvenor Square, recently won through an international competition. Other projects underway include a multiple-unit mixed-use development in Hackney, a private residence in London, a coastal regeneration quarter in Southampton, a feasibility study for a skatepark and community hub in Southsea, and a number of research projects on material circularity and innovation in concrete. Under construction are the new Manchester energy centre’s 40m tall artwork tower and the 60-m long Terracotta wall, as well as a swing bridge for the Dinosaur Islands in Crystal Palace Park. We are an innovative London-based architecture studio with a highly-acclaimed portfolio of finely-crafted buildings, landmark public sculptures and regenerative urban landscapes. We are the recipient of 17 RIBA Awards, the 2018 Stephen Lawrence Prize, and a RIBA Role Model practice.
- superb organisational skills
- construction detailing experience
- advanced 2D and 3D draughtsmanship: Vectorworks and Rhino preferred
- high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- ability to work imaginatively and rigorously, both independently and in a team
- fluency in written and verbal English
How to apply:
Please send a short statement stating reasons for interest in Tonkin Liu, CV and Portfolio (10mb limit) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Part 2 Application’.
Salary subject to experience. Please include constructional details in the portfolio.