S9 Architecture has an exciting in-studio opportunity for a Marketing Manager to oversee the day to day marketing activities who is passionate about the built environment, the creative arts and business development. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the leadership team and other studio members to assist in all stages of the procurement process from proposal preparation to interviews, in a deadline driven environment.
- Oversee and manage all marketing efforts for the firm.
- Develop firm’s market strategy; recommend and identify competitive advantages for S9 Architecture.
- Develop annual marketing budget for approval by Principals and Controller; manage established marketing budget.
- Assist with identifying and tracking leads / opportunities that align with the firm’s market sectors and service offerings in conjunction with the business development plan.
- Outline, schedule, and spearhead the development of proposals, qualifications packages, and collateral marketing materials.
- Manage and update resumes of the S9 Architecture team.
- Curate image-driven portfolios of the firm’s work.
- Participate in new client interview strategy.
- Develop interview slide presentations for interviews and presentations to potential clients.
- Research and actively seek out awards; prepare awards portfolios for submissions.
- Arrange professional photography of projects and assist on photo shoots.
- Oversee and manage the website; ensure accuracy and updates for new projects and personnel.
- Post timely news and information on behalf of the firm on S9 Architecture’s social media platforms.
- Stay up to date on current technologies and best practices for marketing professional services.
- Maintain and update interactive portfolio.
- Assist Principals with business development efforts
- Catalogue the firm’s business development efforts
- Liaise between S9 Architecture and external PR firm for project-related news and media events
- Prepare and provide collateral material as needed
- Provide Principals with PR-related updates
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or industry related field.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in similar role with AEC Industry preferably in New York.
- Passion for the built environment, storytelling, the creative arts, and business development
- Must have an ability to learn and understand S9 Architecture’s work on a project-by-project basis and represent firm to best advantage.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and highly collaborative
- Pro-active and responsive work ethic
- Able to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to converse fluently in architectural/ creative and professional languages.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite software
To Apply: Please include portfolio of marketing collateral produced, writing samples and references. Single PDF files only.
Salary range: $80,00.00-$100,000.00
The range above is a good-faith estimate based on the expectations as laid out in the job description. We are, however, often open to a wide variety of profiles and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the actual salary may vary from the estimates provided above.
S9 Architecture is a team of 60 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs, with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic, and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is centered in the New York City area but we have multiple large projects across North America in places such as Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Kansas City and Toronto. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include: residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Click HERE to apply.