The Marketing Manager oversees marketing, branding, communications, and public relations infrastructure for The Brooklyn Studio. The Marketing Manager works closely with leadership to advance big-picture initiatives like the firm’s business development strategy, while also executing day-to-day marketing tasks such as proposal submissions, press inquiries, visibility, awards, social media, and website updates.
This role represents an opportunity to manage an integrated, cohesive, and proactive approach to the firm’s marketing and communications. Collectively, our goal is to clearly communicate the firm’s value proposition, increase the firm’s name recognition, enhance the client experience, and generate new business.
- Work with the leadership team to prepare and update annual marketing plan by establishing priorities for marketing projects, including photography, press, website, outreach, internal tracking, resources, etc. Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Manage the project inquiry and proposal process:
- Serve as point of contact for new prospects.
- Maintain system for tracking leads.
- Manage production/compilation and submission of materials for proposals. Coordinate with technical staff to develop proposal materials.
- Manage post-proposal follow-up.
- Serve as point of contact for press inquiries.
- Identify and research potential awards submissions, speaking engagements, media coverage, etc. Develop relationships with contacts at relevant media outlets.
- Manage production/compilation and submission of materials for awards, media coverage, etc. Coordinate with relevant technical staff to develop such materials.
- Manage physical brand collateral and library of marketing materials, including firm profiles, staff bios and resumes, project descriptions, client handbook, and other materials for proposals, award submissions, etc. Provide ongoing maintenance of firm’s digital asset management platform and marketing server archive.
- Oversee and update firm’s website, web presence, and social media; develop content for sharing across digital platforms on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate photoshoots for projects and employee headshots.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or other related field.
- Experience in architecture and interior design industries preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks, work efficiently, and prioritize effectively under multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication, management, writing, and editing skills.
- Persistent attention to detail and organization.
- Technologically savvy. Fluent in Adobe Create Suite, Microsoft Office suite.
This position is in-person, with some flexibility for remote work. The Brooklyn Studio offers a comprehensive benefits package including subsidized health insurance, matched retirement program, commuter benefits, and paid time off. Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, in the range of $80,000-$110,000.
ABOUT THE BROOKLYN STUDIO
The Brooklyn Studio is an architecture and interior design firm committed to restoring and enhancing New York City’s historic fabric. Founded in 1997, we have grown from a one-person firm to a dynamic team of more than thirty architects, interior designers, and creatives. We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive practice. We believe that the power of diversity enriches our work: it provides us with broad framework to understand and engage with our community, address challenges, and design innovative solutions. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To be considered for this role, please submit your résumé, cover letter, and two to three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2023 Marketing Manager.”