At LUNO Design Studio we believe great design is a response. A response to dreams and desires. To emotions and ideas. Great design is a response to the balance between form and function, the infinity of imagination and the limitations of the environment. To be responsive is to be agile and adapt. Responsiveness begins with listening, and succeeds by working together to create something new.
Collaboration is at the core of LUNO Design Studio. Every step of our process begins with a conversation. Our designs are the result of the relationship that forms. We find strength in duality. The interplay of interior and exterior spaces. The mixing of modern and classical. The process of resolving two halves as a whole. LUNO itself is the harmony that arises from our co founders opposing views. Contrasting palettes and sensibilities that combine to form something holistic. our signature.
As an emerging firm that specializes in high end single family residential projects, our ideal candidate is not bound by a single style. You are a student of architectural history, sourcing inspiration from Los Angeles’s past and fantasies of Hollywood. You create sustainably with the intention to last. Your portfolio is varied with a bold vision to enhance our city. You see our clients as patrons and are motivated by purpose rather than looking to fit in. You understand that design is a response and value collaboration.
If you resonate with the above, please consider working with our team of professional architects and interior designers. A list of requirements, responsibilities and benefits are below. If you have any questions about the position please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to meet you.
- Graduate of architecture, design or business school: equivalent experience may be a substitute.
- 6+ years minimum of experience on high end single family residential projects
- Extensive knowledge of materials, furnishings and construction methods related to interior architecture of high end single family residences
- Extensive knowledge of building systems and local building codes and regulations
- Proven ability to write and negotiate contracts for services, consultants and contractors
- Proven ability to solve contract and administration issues within the established design context
- Advanced Revit Skills
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced presentation and graphic communication skills
- Proficient in budget preparation and management
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Experience and desire to mentor junior Interior Studio staff
- In collaboration with the Architecture Principal and Interiors Principal, develops the overall design for a project.
- Reviews and produces project schedule and project budget
- Manages overall client relationship from initial assessment of client needs, through design concept presentations and final delivery of project. Presents and gains approval of concepts to the client
- Produce complete, fully coordinated and detailed design packages and technical documents with minimal oversight
- Manages projects to completion, including work performed by internal and external resources
- Assigns tasks, oversees work and provides feedback to staff assigned to projects and mentors junior staff’s technical and design development.
- Manages Construction Administration including submittal review and processing of shop drawings, site visits, material specifications, strike-offs and CFA
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- 401(k) + Matching
- Flexible Time Off Vacation policy
- Health Care Plan
Please send all resumes and samples of work in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject “LUNO Interior Studio | Senior Designer” for consideration. We are currently accepting applicants for a full time position.