Studio Gang is actively seeking an experienced Licensed Interior Designer to collaborate with and support our diverse group of thinkers, designers, architects, and project leaders on a wide range of projects.
These team members will work with the Studio’s Design Principal leading the Studio’s interior architecture scope. Together this team will advance the interior architecture for all our projects—which include civic, cultural, institutional, office, and residential buildings at various scales—and be a pivotal part of the team developing our approach designing from the inside out to create inviting, inclusive spaces for people and communities to enjoy.
The ideal candidates will be excited to engage our iterative design process, collaborate with team members and external stakeholders, and contribute to our cohesive approach unifying interiors and exteriors. They should be detail-oriented, highly adept at internal and external communication, curious, and thoughtful.
Licensed Interior Designer
Day-to-day responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- implementing and testing of design concepts
- developing details and finishes for inclusion in contract documents
- research, procurement, and selection of materials and furniture
- maintaining close relationships with clients and vendors
- contributing to multiple projects in various phases
- 7+ years’ experience as licensed interior designer with specific experience in FF&E and design and construction sequences
- Extensive experience with interior architectural drawings and documentation on a variety of project types (e.g., cultural, institutional, higher-ed, multi-family residential)
- NCIDQ certification required
- Knowledge of interior design detailing and millwork
- Expert knowledge of contract furniture and interior finishes
- Ability to lead FF&E design and selection process, write furniture specifications and produce FF&E RFPs
- Ability to guide client through furniture selection and find solutions specific to their needs
- Primary contact with furniture dealer for FF&E coordination and project execution
- Primary contact with manufacturer’s reps to understand current interior finish and furniture product offerings
- Proficiency with drafting and 3-D rendering software (Rhino, AutoCAD, Revit) as well as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent graphic, verbal and written communication skills are required
Please visit our website to submit an online application at studiogang.com/opportunities