The Royal Parks is seeking a landscape manager to join its team in London.
Landscape manager: Hyde Park, London (with travel to all the Royal Parks)
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
Our Landscape Management Plans are a key tool in identifying the challenges and opportunities each of our parks face and setting landscape investment and management priorities and a clear vision for the
next 100 years.
We are now looking for a landscape manager to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
- salary of £38,000 to £43,000 per annum DOE
- 26 days’ annual leave plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after three years service
- pension scheme (three per cent employee contribution; up to 10 per cent employer contribution)
- hybrid/agile working options
- private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- learning and development opportunities
- cycle to work scheme
- offices in a beautiful location
This is the perfect opportunity for a park, conservation or landscape professional with an in-depth understanding of the extraordinary challenges we face to create resilient parks for the future, with
experience in report writing and strong graphic design skills to join our growing Landscape team.
Alongside receiving an incredible benefits package and extensive development prospects, you will be working in and shaping some of London’s most iconic, historic and biodiverse green spaces.
So, if you’re ready to apply your expertise to create resilient, sustainable and biodiverse green spaces for the future, we would love to hear from you.
As a landscape manager, you will lead the delivery of our award-winning 10-year Park Landscape Management Plans for each Royal Park. You will write, research and create plans working closely with our incredible in-house experts, contributing to the development of strategic thinking.
Working with park teams, you will assist in updating their operational plans in line with the vision, setting out priorities for the coming year. This will include writing and proofreading text and developing maps, plans, and illustrative and technical material.
You will also prepare, manage and submit the annual Green Flag and Green Heritage Award applications for each park and monitor results.
Additionally, you will:
- support the landscape team with master planning, presentation materials, reports and research
- assist in the research and writing of a range of strategic documents
- report monthly on project progress
- manage contributions, comments and feedback from stakeholders and consultees
To be considered as the landscape manager, you will need:
- experience of writing park management plans, conservation management plans, landscape character assessments, or similar
- experience of report writing, graphic design, and producing complex documents
- experience of working with colleagues, consultees and/or stakeholders
- excellent skills in MS Office applications, Adobe Suite and CAD
- excellent organisation skills
- good listening and recording skills
- a postgraduate-level qualification in landscape architecture, landscape management, landscape heritage or equivalent experience
Other organisations may call this role landscape management co-ordinator, landscape management plans officer, park plans officer, project officer, or programme officer.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as a landscape manager, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The application/redirect URL is: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/