Wirt Design Group (WDG) is a full-service architecture and design firm, founded in 1993, that has a varied portfolio of projects, including hospitality, multi-family, industrial, and commercial tenant improvement projects. Our office is located in the heart of DTLA at 617 W. 7th Street. We work with ambitious companies nationwide who want their spaces to empower and excite both their clients and employees.
Our work environment is collaborative with an emphasis on work-life balance while maintaining a focused work rigor and varied music listening selections. As a small office, we look for energetic individuals interested in all facets of project development, with a willingness to take responsibility and ownership of their work. Our focus is to find creative solutions through research, experimentation, and collaboration.
The Junior Designer is responsible to assist all team members for the design, client satisfaction, quality control, and financial performance for each assigned project. The Junior Designer will work closely with the Designers, Project Managers, and design team to develop the firm’s conceptual design and interior architecture within the context of WDG contracted responsibilities. The Junior Designer reports directly to the Designers.
- Professional architecture or interior design degree from an accredited college or working toward certification (AIA, NCIDQ, or CID).
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience and have demonstrated design and technical acumen in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural and interior design practice.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, and Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
- Experience in commercial, hospitality, and/or institutional projects preferred.
- Ability to suggest, listen, and discuss daily music selections.
- We offer competitive salaries that commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills.
- We provide 15 days of personal time off, holidays, 401(K), and health/dental/vision insurance.
- We support and advocate for diversity and equal representation in all aspects of our practice, in our hiring decisions, and in the field of architecture and interior design at large.
- Local candidates ONLY.
- Must be able to start within three (3) weeks of hire.
- Hybrid schedule (remote and in-person).
- Full-time, exempt position.
- Please no phone calls or drop-offs.
APPLICATION Submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples as a single PDF file to email@example.com. Indicate position in the subject line of the email: “Junior Designer”.