Who we are / What we do:
Aaron Lim Design is a small and growing practice based in the San Francisco Bay Area working on single-family residential projects of all scales and budgets from kitchen remodels to full-gut renovations and additions. We are focused on delivering quality context-driven design no matter what budget. We value people over deadlines, process over outcome, and collaboration over ego. We are committed to nurturing a positive team environment that is collaborative and supports both personal and professional development.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a part-time Intermediate Designer / Architect who is focused and passionate about design, highly organized and detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects at once in a small and fast-paced team environment.
Since we are a small practice, you will be an essential part of the project team and involved in all aspects of design and coordination. Responsibilities will include site measurements and drafting as-built drawings, concept design ideation and presentations, client meetings and consultant coordination, preparing and submitting permit, pricing, and construction documents, construction site visits and administration. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a flexible time commitment and maintaining professional development and could transition to a full-time role in the future.
- This is a remote part-time position of up to 20 hours/week.
- Must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and have an active driver’s license and ability to drive.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in single-family residential projects.
- Experience in all phases of design and construction including construction drawings and details.
- AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS proficiency is required; knowledge of Revit and Enscape is preferred. Must have own computer and software.
- Working knowledge of local and California building codes, entitlement processes, and Type V construction practices.
- Licensed or actively pursuing CA Architectural licensure.
- B.Arch or M.Arch degree from an accredited architecture program or foreign equivalent.
- Legal authorization to work in the US and English fluency.
- Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume and work samples demonstrating design and working drawings in PDF format no larger than 10MB max file size to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Designer / Architect” in the subject heading.