Our firm’s design philosophy is rooted in the Bay Region Tradition – site-specific, unaffected in style, with strong interior/exterior connections. The use of natural materials and the play of light is of paramount importance in our work, as are the unique challenges of urban infill, adaptive re-use, and implementation of green building strategies. Whether we begin with bare land or an existing structure, the character of our projects develops with thoughtful interpretation of, and sensitivity to, each client’s program. We bring warmth to modern residential design, placing high value on site, building orientation and context, and the micro-climates unique to the Bay Area. We bring warmth to modern design.
MDa is seeking an intermediate designer who has a passion for design, an appreciation for the richness in materials and an attention to detail. The qualified candidate will work with the principal and project managers in a collaborative environment, beginning with 3D modeling through construction documentation, participating in all phases in between.
The intermediate designer will be responsible for the preparation of documents with supervision and will provide design and drafting support to project teams on a range of project phases. The designer will work on design sketches, layouts and details that are prepared in coordination with others and will assist the team in the preparation of marketing materials and proposals.
• Accredited Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture
• 3-5 years of post-university work experience
• Capable of transitioning between multiple projects and tasks
• An ability to think creatively and problem solve with an attention to detail
• Residential experience preferable
• Driven individual with an interest in professional advancement
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup required
• Knowledge of the Adobe Suites preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a single PDF file, 10MB maximum, containing cover letter, resume, and portfolio presenting your design ability along with examples of construction documents to Malcolm Davis Architecture at email@example.com.