POSITION AVAILABLE: INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL DESIGNER
About the Position
Dumican Mosey Architects is looking for an Intermediate-level Designer to join our team and build upon our award-winning portfolio of modernist projects. The ideal candidate will have a balance of strong technical- and design skills, past involvement across all phases of project development, and experience in high-end single-family residences. The individual should be team-oriented while able to work independently, possess keen problem-solving skills, and be flexible and eager to learn.
About Dumican Mosey Architects
Dumican Mosey Architects is an award-winning San Francisco-based architecture and design firm with a culture of collaboration, communication, quality, opportunity, growth, expertise, individual-leadership, and team-oriented success. The environment at Dumican Mosey Architects is fast paced with a high standard of quality. We specialize in high-end, design- oriented modernist residential projects that are complex in process, design, detail, documentation, and expectation. We believe the practice of architecture is a thoughtful balance between pragmatism and poetry.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education: A Professional Degree in Architecture
- 4-8 years of experience with an architectural firm
- Experience in all phases of project development including construction documents
- Familiarity with high-end residential projects and working in San Francisco is a plus
- Technical knowledge of residential development and construction
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, or both. Proficiency in 3D modeling and presentation software also required.
- A working knowledge of the California Building Code and allied local codes, and the ability to implement thoughtful design responses that satisfy these requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate through verbal, written, and graphic means
- A foundational commitment to high quality work and positive outcomes
- Strong communication and organizational skills. The ability to manage one’s own time.
- Strong ability to assess, problem solve, and execute
- Talented ‘eye’ for Modern design and details
- Sound judgement
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project design and presentation
- Document development across all phases of project design
- Code research
- Product and assembly research and development
- Construction administration and observation phase services
- Office operations and initiatives (assistance with special projects to enhance the firm operations and management)
- Paid holidays and paid-time-off (PTO)
- Hybrid office-home work environment
- Competitive health insurance plans
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits plan
- Professional license exam reimbursement
- Jury duty compensation
- Volunteering PTO & Summer Fridays
Based on experience and qualifications
- Salary & Year-end bonuses
- Potential signing bonus
Please submit your cover letter, current resume, and work samples to Russell Frank at email@example.com (please limit electronic files to less than 10MB).
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace.