Eric Rosen Architects is a creative architecture, interior design and construction management practice in Culver City, CA providing innovative solutions to both commercial and residential projects. Since its inception in 1992, the firm has focused on creative projects demanding a strong design sensibility and an attention to detail during both the design and construction process. The office has intentionally concentrated on projects of varying types, scales and locations that benefit from our rigorous process of design and exploration. Extensive thought and care is given to the site and context for each project and innovative, critical thinking is applied to all aspects of our work allowing for unique, meaningful solutions.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architectural Designer/ Project Manager with a strong work ethic who is creative, accountable, self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, personable, and can communicate clearly. The ideal candidate would have a minimum 5 years of meaningful, professional working experience in an architectural office with experience in all design and drawing phases of a project including on-site observation of the construction process. Eric Rosen Architects is a small office, run as a collaborative studio, where everyone has the opportunity to contribute to all phases of a project. In addition to experience, we are looking for a candidate with an eagerness to learn, grow, participate and contribute in a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere.
We are a small boutique design studio where everyone benefits from the collaborative and participatory nature of working together in the
studio. We also build many of our local projects which means frequent
job site visits during the construction phase. For these reasons, this
position is in-person and not remote.
Other important qualifications would be:
- Ability to take direction and work harmoniously in a small, collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Curiosity in their approach and an interest in growing with our team.
- Strong technical and graphic communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, clients and consultants
- Aptitude to learn and grasp new concepts quickly with a willingness to accept new challenges
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Proficiency in CAD drafting, 3D modeling/rendering skills
- A professional degree, either BArch or MArch
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Current residency in Los Angeles within a reasonably close proximity to the office
- Car & Driver’s License
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Working with us in this role, you will:
- Support Principal and Managing Principal on the creation and development of design concepts.
- Prepare and coordinate architectural drawings using Vectorworks, 3D modeling using Sketchup, renderings, and specifications to meet project requirements under general supervision from Managing Principal and Principal.
- Manage supporting staff.
- Prepare presentation packages and assist in presentations both internally in the office and externally to clients, consultants, contractors, and others.
- Cross-manage with staff.
- Research materials and products; consult with manufacturers, vendors, consultants, and contractors in order to propose appropriate design solutions.
- Implement building codes, zoning ordinances, etc. and coordinate with governing agencies.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing bulletins, visiting construction sites to coordinate with contractors and sub-contractors and/or preparing punch lists.
Eric Rosen Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation will be commensurate with work experience and skills.
This is a full time (regular hours: Monday – Friday from 9am-6pm), in
office (not remote), salaried position with associated benefits per
Please submit a single pdf document that includes a cover letter, resume, salary history/preference and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org