If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person’s ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- Responsible for articulating and communicating the client’s vision, goals and objectives by leading the development and documentation of the project’s interior design.
- Collaborate with internal team members, other disciplines, consultants, and vendors to align interior environments with the space planning concepts and building exterior for a unified and cohesive design.
- Research materials and concepts and use in-depth knowledge of products to develop a strong project palette. Work with internal team members on technical issues influencing interior design concepts.
- Responsible for Revit documentation for all interior design-related project items (including millwork, partitions, ceilings, floors, etc.). Provide documentation and coordination for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Design and management of furniture selections and specifications.
- Manage implementation, coordination, and installation of interior design concepts on schedule and within budget. Participate in review and approval of contractor shop drawings and submittals during the construction phase.
- Participate in client presentations and project meetings, preparing presentation materials to communicate these concepts.
What You Bring to this Role
- Four or more years recent and relevant interior design experience with an architecture or interior architecture firm required
- Minimum two years relevant healthcare experience preferred
- Proficiency in Rhino or Sketch Up, and 3D rendering software.
- Intermediate Revit knowledge required; have recently used Revit for at least two years in academic and professional settings. Works mostly in Revit to complete work on projects in one or more aspects (modeling, detailing, rendering,). Makes edits to and works within established templates, standards, etc. Beginning to understand how firm projects are initially set up and how families are created.
- Experience with Lumion and Enscape preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture required.
- Professional registration, NCIDQ certification preferred.
- LEED or other sustainability accreditation preferred.
Interested candidates should submit samples along with their resume. Portfolios (up to 1mb) should be uploaded with resume if there is no portfolio link.
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- hybrid work environment
- health, dental and vision insurance
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- financial health and wellness benefits – retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits, including mass transit and parking; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at email@example.com.