AB design studio is an award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm based in Southern California. Our Santa Barbara and Los Angeles studios are always seeking new team members in a variety of studio roles. We thrive on multi disciplinary design with a focus on creativity and signature solutions for each client and project.
AB design studio is hiring Interior Design focused Project Managers with experience in Hospitality Design to join our studios in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. The Interior Design Project Manager must demonstrate extensive technical interior architectural experience on a wide variety of projects through the construction administration phase. The candidate will oversee the interior process from proposal through construction administration on a project. You must have the ability to develop, understand contractual liability as they relate to Interior Architecture / Owner project fee calculations. AB design studio Project Managers are Project Team Leaders and must exhibit exceptional leadership skills and be able to perform in a fast paced and dynamic design centric business environment.
- Coordinate work assignments of a diverse project team as well as coordinate with clients, consultants and contractors
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the CAD or Revit documentation of a project during Schematic Design through Contract Document phases in conjunction with the Senior Interior Designer
- Coordinates all activities related to construction administration including scheduling, shop drawings process, field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests
- Assures project conforms to contractual agreement with client
- Assures project needs are satisfied by effectively coordinating project team assignments to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Responsible for project budget management, experience with value-engineering process
- Effectively coaches and mentor others
- Implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all areas of the project
- Familiar with hotel design programs, operation standards, practices and methods
8+ years of relevant experience in managing high-end new-build and renovation of Hospitality Design projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited school of design
- Essential client management and consultant coordination
- Experience leading teams and managing projects deliverables
- Ability to work as part of a team and work under own initiative
- Experience in space planning, interior architecture design and millwork design
- Knowledge technical detailing of construction methods, and construction documents
- Execution and coordination of interior drawings including plans, elevations, details and schedules
- Familiarity of Accessibility Disability Act, IBC basics, and LEED requirements
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-Up. Proficiency in ArchiCAD is a plus
- Proficient in Google Sheets and Microsoft Suite applications
To Apply for this Position Follow these instructions:
All candidates interested in applying to AB design studio may submit their request electronically by Email to the email address listed below. Candidates shall submit a Selected Works Portfolio along with a Professional Resume & Reference List. Architectural + Interior Design studio candidates shall meet the following minimum requirements; candidates to hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or other Related Design Degree Program (with exception of intern applicants) and illustrate strong critical thinking, communication, graphic and organization skill sets. Candidates with qualitative and relevant experience will be given priority consideration.
All applications shall be transmitted by email to email@example.com
Please no phone calls.
All candidates shall provide applications following these formatting requirements:
- Title the email subject line with your first and last name and the position you are applying to. Please also let us know if you are applying for a role in the Architecture and Planning department or the Interior Design Department.
- Provide a brief summary in the body of the email to introduce yourself and define your candidacy for the desired position on offer.
- Attach to the email the following:
- Provide a single page PDF formatted cover letter indicating the position being applied to along with any pertinent information necessary to define your candidacy for the desired position – please reference your experience level in terms of years worked in a relevant professional setting along with your current legal residency status along with your current location of residence.
- Provide a PDF formatted Selected Works Portfolio (We like to see Student Work & Professional Work).
- Provide a PDF formatted Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Be prepared to submit a PDF formatted Reference List.
- All PDF files provided shall be formatted and optimized for quality on-screen viewing on a standard personal computer.
- Emailed Applications with file attachments exceeding 25 MB may not be reviewed or considered.
Physical Studio/Office Locations:
- Santa Barbara Studio – 420 East Haley Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Los Angeles Studio – 12421 Venice Blvd., Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90066
If you are a current student, be careful when transmitting your school issued email address. Once you graduate from your school, the email will soon after be deleted from your university’s system. Provide an email address that we can use to contact you after your graduation date. Please also be sure to provide a telephone number that you can be reached at.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.