This role will position you in a small-sized, design-focussed Architectural studio, allowing you to be involved across all phases in high-end residential and multi-residential projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of architectural drawings associated with concept designs, detailed design and construction documentation using VectorWorks.
- Production of 3D models, renders and visualisations using Vectorworks
- Attendance at design meetings with clients both in the office and onsite.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply consultant feedback and reports.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders, and authorities.
- Liaising with contractors and attendance at site visits.
- Consultant coordination, programming and communication.
To be successful in the role you will have proven ability in the following areas:
- Articulate, high level engagement with colleagues, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Curious; a strong communicator, transparent, humbly confident, accountable, have a positive attitude.
- Able to monitor and mitigate risks.
- Seeks feedback and adjusts behaviour successfully to adapt.
- Driven to action, implementation and conclusion, able to respond nimbly to changing circumstances.
- Able to maintain an awareness of all matters relevant to the design and production of the project.
- Customer service-oriented and client-focused.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable serving as the primary project contact with clients and consultants.
- Excellent design instincts and skilled in the creation of 3D models, renders and video animations to communicate ideas.
- Competency in Vectorworks, SketchUp and Adobe software.
- Minimum 3 years working architectural experience.
- Experience working on high-end residential projects and Class 2 projects is essential.
- Degree in architecture from an accredited institution.
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is highly desirable.
Applicants are asked to familiarise themselves with our projects as they will be required to demonstrate that they share and understand our underlying principles of design.
Our office promotes team work, and our open plan studio encourages sharing of information and collaboration, so it is essential that you demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others. (Please note this role does not offer remote/work from home options.)
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, design-driven, detail-oriented, and client-focused you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Design Director who is committed to mentoring, in-house training, and ongoing professional development, in a supportive and creative environment.
Email your CV and portfolio (preferably with examples of documentation) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (max 5MB)
Mathieson is an equal opportunity employer.