If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person’s ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- On-site observations of facilities, general project and contract administration, payment requests, and change approvals.
- Provide prompt and expeditious service regarding issues of interpretations, decisions, construction bulletins
- Review and evaluate RFIs and submittals. Bring questions or concerns to the attention of design team members who will address problems and suggest resolutions.
- Monitor construction changes, shop drawings, samples, product data and/or other submissions from the contractor.
- Review shop drawings, reject work that does not conform to the construction documents, and record the issues with a corrective action report or non-conforming work notice.
- Coordinate outside consultants, as required, to complete the project successfully.
- Facilitate timely communication between the owner, contractor, project manager and other relevant team members for assigned projects; communication includes advising Flad team members of services needed during construction.
What You Bring to this Role
- Minimum 5 years relevant construction administration experience on mid-scale projects required.
- Understand the principles of sustainable design. Develop thorough working knowledge of LEED rating system and credit requirements.
- Skilled at collaboration, attention to detail, and communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Bluebeam required.
- Experience in web-based project management programs required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp preferred.
- Degree in architecture, construction, or related field required.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Registration preferred.
The individual in this role will be required to work on the job site 3-4 days per week and in the New York office 1 day per week.
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- financial health and wellness benefits – retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits, including mass transit and parking; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Annual base salary range is currently: $93,000 – $150,000. Actual starting salary will be within that range, and is dependent upon job-related education, knowledge, and experience.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at email@example.com.
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/YajA71SPOAOmzUbLzF4bzq