Architectural Technician Job in Central Norwich
Architectural Technician job available with an AJ100 practice in Norwich! This role offers a range of benefits and hybrid working!
Our client was founded in the 1940s and has grown to over 280 people across 11 UK offices and has won awards for Architect Employer of the Year! During this time, they have established themselves as an industry leader in planning advice, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation, and contemporary architecture.
Working with public bodies, charities, trusts, private companies, contractors, developers, and individuals, this practice has been involved in the care and development of some of the best-loved buildings and places in the UK and abroad. The practice provides sensitive restoration and repair schemes and modern design in historic contexts. Their bold and contemporary designs are spread across a variety of sectors including cultural, master planning, education, ecclesiastical, public, hospitality, residential, and many more.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting in 2D and 3D drawing and modelling production using AutoCAD and BIM through Revit
- Coordinating detailed technical information from RIBA Stage 3 onward
- Preparing specifications for construction work, and drawings for statuary approvals
- Applications for planning permissions
- Undertaking Contract Administrator responsibilities in conjunction with a senior team member
- Researching new repair and construction processes, building legislation, and technology
- Learning, applying, and sharing the core expertise and specialisms of BIM Modelling.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of architectural experience post-qualification
- Relevant degree BSc in Architectural Technology or a HND in Architecture
- Proficiency using BIM software
- Excellent proficiency in 2D drafting using AutoCAD and 3D modeling in Revit, FormIt or SketchUp
- Previous experience working on conservation experience
- Previous experience working alongside Architects and senior staff producing all documents associated with construction projects.
What you get back
- £25,900 – £41,000
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days increasing with service + Bank Holidays
- Subscription fees
- Flexible and Hybrid working.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Architectural Technician Job in Central Norwich – Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Daniel Pearce Job Ref: 14226) #LI-DP1