KIMMERLE NEWMAN ARCHITECTS
Architectural Job Captain
Kimmerle Newman Architects is an award winning multi-faceted design firm working with Corporate Office Interiors and other various commercial markets, Health Environments, Industrial, Laboratories and Life Sciences, Urban Design, and Education. KNA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Captain Role:
At Kimmerle Newman Architects, a Job Captain is primarily responsible for the production of construction documents (CDs), as well as additional duties, as listed below. A Job Captain will lead the production for a CD set, which can include overseeing a team of Junior Architects and Designers.
A Job Captain’s responsibilities include:
– Manage all phases of the project, including project initiation and setup, surveying, construction document drawings, and construction administration.
– CD production, and leading a production team, during construction documents phase.
– Coordinate with consultants on an ongoing basis. Full CD coordination with MEP engineers
– Client interface and relationship building.
– Work well with and collaborate with a team. Be able to work well on your own with a self-driven work ethic from project beginning to end.
– Leading meetings and presentations with clients and consultants.
– Initial review of drawings for accuracy, including building code, scope of work, and design intent.
– Selection & specification of equipment and finishes.
– On site construction visits, field surveying, and project punch lists.
A Job captain’s Qualifications include:
– A Bachelor’s in Architecture or Master’s in Architecture in NCARB accredited institution. On the path to licensure. Architecture License is a plus.
– Desire to learn new things and face project complexities with a drive for success
– Good understanding of commercial architecture and construction. Knowledge of BOMA a plus.
– Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture. Knowledge of Revit a plus.
– Good understanding of local Building Codes, Life Safety, and Accessibility Guidelines.
– Working knowledge of Adobe suite, Photoshop, and InDesign.
– Conflict resolution skills, having an understanding of resolving issues that arise while keeping in mind client’s needs, budget, scope and contract.
– Excellent Communication and Leadership skills Excellent time management and organizational skills.