Windle Design & Construction
The primary function of the Architectural Draftsman is to provide accurate and complete construction documents that ensure the building process is effective, efficient, and productive. These plans will convey all necessary construction details needed throughout the building process of the home. Extreme attention to detail, process orientation, relentless focus on accuracy, a sense of urgency toward meeting business objectives, and a service-based approach are essential in this role. We value those who are willing to learn and be mentored, take pride in their work, and possess a strong work ethic and leadership skills. This position presents an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career longevity.
- Salary Range – $55,000 – $65,000
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Days
- Cell phone and Gas Reimbursement
- Stipend Health Benefits
- 401(k) Contribution
- Support product development initiatives and priorities while following Windle Design & Construction policies and procedures.
- Research building codes, municipality requirements, and developer design guidelines for architectural impact as part of the new community due diligence.
- Ensures that all drawings are released in complete and professional plan sets, formatted as required for effective internal and external distribution.
- Resolve any plan issues & clarifications needed for construction and/or trade partners to execute the plan as drawn.
- Process change order requests when management approves, release, and distribute revisions with urgency and focus to eliminate any plan version confusion for all parties affected by the change.
- Work with all departments to review and execute plan change requests. Diligently distribute and communicate applicable plan revisions to all stakeholders impacted.
- Work closely and collaborate with our interior design team to prepare plans as necessary.
- Collaboration and communication between the sales, design & production teams will be an essential part of this position.
- Identify opportunities to add clarity and consistency in construction documents, details, and assemblies.
- Review and redline other team members’ drawings prior to handoff in a strategic check and review process.
- Assists with daily tasks and special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Continually looking for opportunities to streamline processes, increase accuracy, provide consistency, and reduce cycle times within the architecture team.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in architectural drafting experience
- Thorough understanding of residential construction materials and assemblies
- Spatial visualization ability, specifically in roof layouts
- Familiarity with current building codes
- Advanced level drafting acumen using AutoCAD software
- Experience in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work independently, and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Proven related work experience, especially with multifamily and mixed-use buildings
- Customer service attitude
- Professional attitude and appearance
About Windle Design & Construction
Windle Design & Construction is a family-owned and operated design/build remodeling company located in West Chester, PA. For over 15 years, we have provided high-end builds and remodels attuned to each client’s unique needs. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, commitment to customer satisfaction, and dedication to quality.