We are looking for a talented and motivated Architectural Designer II to join us. We are a woman-owned architecture and design studio located in downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District. Our studio has completed work across residential, commercial, hospitality and institutional sectors creating a portfolio that’s been recognized with numerous design awards, including the 2021 AIA LA Presidential Honoree for Emerging Practice.
Required qualities, skills and qualifications:
- A professional architectural degree
- 6+ years of well-rounded professional architectural experience
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to design excellence
- Excellent digital drafting, modeling and visualization skills
- Experience in completing every phase of residential and/or commercial or hospitality projects
- Ability to self-manage projects through all phases of design, documentation and construction
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs
- Consultant coordination, product research and detail concepts & development
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring development of new or improved techniques or procedures
- Provides technical guidance and support to junior staff
- Zoning and code knowledge, including permitting experience
- Revit, AutoCAD, & Sketch-up project experience required
We have an excellent benefits package (including PPO health insurance plans, PTO, flex holidays, flex WFH days, performance bonuses, profit sharing bonuses, license exam feeds paid, AIA dues paid) and offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and in line with the yearly AIA Salary Survey.
We believe a truly diverse and culturally vibrant workplace includes people of different demographics, identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and personalities. We enjoy working with people united by the values of our firm and who are excited to contribute to our collective success.
If you enjoy a small studio environment, are creative, adaptable, and proactive in the way you work; and are looking to grow and expand your skills and career, we’d love to hear from you.
Please include a cover letter, resume and work samples demonstrating a wide range of skills in a single PDF document not to exceed 5Mb in size. Include “ORA Architectural Designer II” in the subject line.
Send your applications via email to: email@example.com