Studio MUKA is a practice comprised of architects & designers based in Los Angeles & New York. The studio’s work consists of ground-up buildings, interiors and custom furnishings for private and public spaces. The design of our buildings and interiors are told through visual storytelling, memory, feeling and atmosphere. We are a multidisciplinary team that combines architecture and interior design to create narratives around a theme or topic as it relates to the sensibilities of the project location and our collaborators.
Studio MUKA is seeking an experienced, motivated and talented individual to join its growing team in LA as an Architectural Designer.
This role will be full-time position. You will be working on the current architectural and interior projects, working closely with the Principles to create overall concepts and to see these visions through the project completion.
The right candidate will have an architectural background, but have an interest and brief knowledge of historic architecture, interior design and furniture.
Skills & Experience
- 1-2+ years of Architecture/Interior Design experience in a similar role in a design practice.
- Experience in high-end residential projects and retail projects.
- Experience in concept development through to construction drawings.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and drafting (AutoCAD & Rhino).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge & interest in construction and materiality
- Attention to beauty, utility, design, strong visual skills, detail, proportions, color and form.
- Mature, critical and professional.
- Knowledge of sustainability & interest in passive systems.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Enjoys problem solving & learning.
Please email a cover letter, a resume and PDF work samples to: email@example.com Work samples should include hand sketches, past projects, drawing sets, plan drawings & elevations, physical models, etc.
Please title your email: Arch Designer 2023_(Your name)
Please note: All applicants should be U.S. citizens, hold a green card or have appropriate work authorization.