People Oriented Design (POD) is seeking an experienced Architect to join our award-winning multidisciplinary practice in Cairns. POD’s reputation for tropical and sustainable architecture and integrated landscape solutions is growing and we are keen to grow our team to complement this demand.
We are architects, landscape architects, project managers, urban designers, scholars and researchers working throughout regional and remote Australia.
Working with POD currently includes tropical adventures on cultural, education, health, commercial and residential projects. It means working with diverse clients and communities and getting to experience the exciting and satisfying complexities of working in regional and remote contexts.
POD is one of the most experienced practices working in Australia’s regions. We are leaders in environmental and socially sustainable design. We have a deep respect for culture and Country. Our team is committed to working with First Nations people.
We are looking for someone with:
- Min 7 years post graduate experience in architectural design and documentation on cultural, commercial, education, health and residential projects
- Excellent design and technical documentation skills in Revit
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (and full suite)
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communications skills with the ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Minimum 3 years experience in Australian practice
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Contract administration skills and experience
- Team player and experience in supervising others
- Alignment with POD’s values and philosophy
Additional skills that would be beneficial:
- Project management experience
- Experience working on landscape architecture projects
- Master planning and urban design
- Community engagement experience
- Comfortable with remote travel
What we offer:
- Engaging and supportive staff culture
- Contributions to relocation from interstate or other parts of Qld
- Support for continuing professional development opportunities
- Convenient city centre location, close to public transport & great coffee
- Environmentally and socially conscious organisation
- Clearly delineated office hours (we value your time and it’s important to have a life beyond work)
To apply, please attach a CV, portfolio and cover letter to your application.