Our award-winning, high-end, boutique Architecture and Interior Design firm in TriBeCa is seeking architects with 2-5 years of professional experience to join our small team of architects and designers.
Selected candidates will work on a variety of exciting projects. Our office specializes in bespoke residential construction all over the US and Europe, including new construction, multi-unit residential and mixed use projects, commercial spaces, offices, interior design, and product design.
This is a full-time in-person position with excellent benefits. You will be working in our newly renovated TriBeCa studio.
Benefits package include full health, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation, FSA’s, PFL, and other perks. Interested candidates should submit their resumes, portfolio or work samples, and a brief cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Compensation is commensurate with experience in range of $65-85K. No phone calls please.
- Prepare and modify architectural documents.
- Oversee and manage the entire project process under director and principal’s guidance.
- Develop solutions to technical and design problems.
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and design drawings for client meetings and project team design review.
- Procure material samples.
- Attend project design, client, and site meetings.
- Work directly with contractors, consultants, and engineers to inform project development and design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray and Enscape, MS Office and Google Workspace required.
- Excellent visualization skills and aesthetic sensibilities in line with SheltonMindel℠ required.
- Ability to self manage and be responsible to handle a project from start to finish with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing and be creative and collaborative.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm, positive at all times, and productive under pressure.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor in Architecture degree from accredited program or higher.
- 2-5+ professional experience from an architecture office.
- Active pursuit of licensure or licensed architect is preferred.
About Lee F. Mindel Architect DPC
The SheltonMindel℠ brand continues the legacy of the firm founded by Peter L. Shelton & Lee F. Mindel in 1978 as Shelton Mindel & Associates. The firm continues to provide complete architectural, interiors and product design services for corporate, cultural, academic, retail, recreational, hospitality and residential clients, under the sustaining leadership of Lee F. Mindel, Architect, D.P.C., a New York Design Professional Corporation which performs all architectural services.
The firm is the recipient of thirty AIA awards for architecture, nine Interior Design Magazine Best of Year awards for residential and commercial interiors; twenty-two design awards from the Society of American Registered Architects, a Progressive Architecture citation, three Roscoe awards for product design, as well as eight Good Design Awards and three American Architecture Awards from The Chicago Athenaeum. The American Institute of Architecture, San Francisco Museum of Fine Arts, National Academy of Design and Houston Museum of Fine Arts have exhibited the firm’s work in both traveling and permanent exhibitions. Product design lines include collections for Knoll, Waterworks, Jack Lenor Larsen, and V’Soske. Architectural Digest has recognized SheltonMindel℠ as one of the top 100 design firms of the last century and Peter L. Shelton and Lee F. Mindel, FAIA were recognized as the Deans of American Design in 2005. Both Peter L. Shelton and Lee F. Mindel, FAIA, were inducted into the Interior Design Hall of Fame and were the recipients of the prestigious 2011 Cooper Hewitt National Design Award.