Thinc, a leading international exhibition design firm located in lower Manhattan, is looking for an architecturally-trained Project Manager to join our team of diverse and dedicated creative professionals. Our practice includes high-profile projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. We work in collaborative teams that integrate architecture and physical exhibits with onsite experience, digital media, and online communities.
The work we do touches tens of millions of lives annually and engages the creation of physical places of community and public experience, along with the digital universe of participation that surrounds them. Our work focuses primarily on issues that engage individual, cultural, and national identities and aspirations, along with a broad spectrum of sustainability, the environment, and human development. Our door is open to exceptionally talented people who are eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, science centers, zoos, aquariums, and international expositions.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in working as a pivotal team member on world-class exhibition projects at varying scales that have strong interpretive and experiential aspects and are often associated with and tightly coordinated with significant building projects. Experience in all phases of the design process and a penchant for working within collaborative team settings are essential.
- In collaboration with Lead Designer, develop and maintain strategies for project development and execution
- Act as primary client liaison for one or more projects
- Work with a diverse project team to oversee work flow and internal project resources, drawing production, architectural coordination, project sub-consultants, client contacts, schedule, meetings, travel, etc.
- Direct and manage production of drawings and other project documentation
- Direct and effectively utilize Project Administrator(s) to manage and maintain project records, minutes, schedules, travel, etc.
- Act as mentor to and guide to less experienced team members
- In collaboration with Production Director, develop and ensure conformance with QC documentation and design standards
- Act as primary representative during CA phase, making shop visits, reviewing shop drawings, responding to RFIs, and making site visits as appropriate.
- Professional degree in architecture (BArch/MArch)
- Minimum 10 years of architectural or complex exhibition design experience.
- Production and technical experience through all phases of project design, documentation and construction administration, with a minimum of 3 years of proven organizational and project management experience.
- Experience estimating project resource needs for proposals and resourcing
- Demonstrated ability to direct, motivate and manage a diverse project team.
- High degree of familiarity in CAD, Revit, 3D environment (specifically Rhino and Grasshopper).
- Experience in digital fabrication techniques
- Experience on international projects is a plus
Send resume to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying to the Project Manager position. If you are not an American citizen, please indicate your visa status. No phone calls or drop-in visits please.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.