Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,000 employees in 17 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
We are seeking a collaborative team player who is dedicated, and passionate about design, with strong design process, problem solving, and leadership skills for immediate opportunities as an Interior Designer. This position requires the candidates to work with design teams on Corporate Interiors, Senior Living, and Higher Education projects of varying sizes and complexity from Programming/Pre-Design/Concept through Construction Documents. The approach is Client Centric and user focused and must possess the ability to react to a number of design styles and their methods of delivery.
- Interior Designer, under supervision, will be responsible for Programming, Planning, Strategy Implementation, Restacking, Phasing, and Test Fits.
- Assist the design team on projects from the Pre-Design Phase through Construction Documents.
- Assist senior staff with preparing programming, analysis, conceptual and schematic design concepts, project layouts and develop designs using Revit or other modeling software.
- Perform design computations, research product specifications, compile project data, phase reports, and other miscellaneous architectural assignments.
- Assist in reviewing proposed designs for compliance with applicable codes.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors and assist in the construction administration phase.
- Research finishes and furniture for project team.
- Ability to work with a small but multidisciplinary team on a variety of tasks including concept development; finish selection, planning, drawing, detailing and visual presentations.
- Maintain the office resource library by setting up manufacturer representative meetings and keeping the interior design team up to date on new product introductions. Some filing will be required.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant project experience in Corporate Interiors, Residential, or Hospitality
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of furniture lines and FF&E specification
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD is required. Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Sketch-up, InDesign and other related design software
- NCIDQ accreditation is preferred
- LEED accreditation is a plus
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Link: Human By Design
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.