COOKFOX Architects is seeking a practiced Visual/Graphic Communications Specialist with a trained eye and professional experience in an architectural design firm. This is a highly collaborative position that entails working closely with the Business Development, Communications, and architectural design teams to create both print and digital presentations. Candidates should have a demonstrated ability in both architectural illustration, an ability to communicate architectural concepts, strong design and narrative skills, and an enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and design excellence.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years of professional experience in a design firm
- Strong design portfolio demonstrating knowledge of architectural visualization, graphic presentation, layout and information design
- Working knowledge of print standards and specifications
- Fluency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop required; Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Camera Raw or 3DMax a plus
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with comfort in working independently and in a fast paced, deadline-based team environment
- Proficiency in PC inclusive of communication tools for in office and remote work
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Create graphic illustrations (plans, sections, concept diagrams) for client and agency presentations
- Work closely with project teams and studio leadership team in structuring the design direction of weekly presentation materials and narrative illustration.
- Assist in creating competition and design books, boards and multimedia presentation materials
- Manage digital asset library and prepare photos, drawings and diagrams for publication
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining graphic standards throughout studio
COOKFOX Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates. Our mission and our deep sense of responsibility to design restorative and regenerative environments that foster the well-being of the planet and people is intrinsically tied to our commitments to social justice. We advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion within our studio, projects, communities, and society as a whole.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or national origin.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visual/Graphic Communications” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. No phone calls, please.