WRT is a practice of planners, urban designers, architects, and landscape architects focused on creating meaningful impact through planning and design. As an interdisciplinary team, we value diverse perspectives and work across scales to address the social and ecological challenges of our time. Our clients value our collaborative and thorough approach, leadership, and ability to design solutions that are responsive to their values and aspirations. Founded in 1963, WRT has offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco.
WRT is seeking a talented urban design or landscape architecture Summer Intern to join our Interdisciplinary team in the San Francisco office.
To ensure that the issues and concerns most important to our clients are effectively addressed, we guide the development of projects through a process that depends upon a sound understanding of community values and aspirations, obtained through early and continuous citizen involvement, and a commitment to understanding the site-specific opportunities and challenges as a basis for strategic decision-making. We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate that shares WRT’s values and collaborative spirit to work on a variety of urban design and landscape project types such as urban district studies, resiliency strategies, urban public space, waterfronts, cultural and civic spaces as well as academic and private tech company campuses.
- Informing projects with design ideas
- Preparing visual communication graphics for presentations
- Research, community engagement, quantitative and qualitative analysis, mapping, writing, public speaking and presentations, and plan design
- Hands-on experience with active projects and promotional tasks
- Working with team members across the firm
- Setting and meeting tight deliverable schedules
The ideal candidate will:
- Be enrolled in the first year of a Master’s degree in Urban Design or Landscape Architecture
- Have previous professional internship experience
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, and have the ability to complete tasks with strong attention to detail
- Possess exceptional design skills with the ability to think at multiple scales and demonstrate design innovation and creativity
- Preparation of construction documents (landscape candidates)
- Have the ability to clearly articulate design concepts, processes, and solutions via verbal and written communications, as well as outstanding graphic representations
- Be proficient in: AutoCAD, SketchUp, GIS, Lumion, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this position should use the following link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers. Please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples.
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strongly value diversity and an inclusive workplace.