Fletcher Priest Architects is looking for an urban designer to join its team in London.
Fletcher Priest Architects is an award-winning architectural practice based in Central London. Our thriving urban design and masterplanning team is working on a fascinating range of projects from dense urban sites through to the creation of new settlements across hundreds of hectares. Our design work combines thinking about detailed building typologies with relationships to landscape and infrastructure at regional scales.
We are looking to grow the team to help support several projects and are seeking talented people with a range of relevant skills and interests. There are excellent opportunities for long term growth and development.
Applicants should have very strong design, graphic and team working skills. Experience delivering projects within a UK context is an advantage.
- MA in urban design or equivalent subject – architectural background preferred
- a minimum of three years’ UK based post qualification experience working on medium to large-scale masterplanning projects
- excellent design ability and technical knowledge
- good knowledge of UK legislative and planning policy context
- experience of design coding and other formal documentation of design for planning
- commercially aware, mature, responsible and reliable
- capable of liaising confidently with clients and consultants and developing those professional relationships
- wants to take on and drive projects forward without needing day-to-day ‘hands-on’ guidance
- an autonomous project runner also adaptable and capable of working within teams
- good free-hand drawing ability
- excellent presentation and graphics skills
- a confident user of the Adobe Suite, AutoCAD and/or Revit, SketchUp and/or Rhino
Why choose a career with FPA?
We offer the opportunity to develop your career in a well-established, busy and expanding architectural firm with the satisfaction of working on prestigious projects from concept through to completion. Fletcher Priest Architects is a great place to work and benefits include a competitive salary, 22 days holiday plus three additional days at Christmas, other flexible benefits plus subscription to ARB and membership of RIBA if appropriate.
Please email your application via the apply for job button with your name and position applied for in the subject line. All applications should be sent together with examples of your work.
Fletcher Priest Architects is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all, irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race (including nationality, colour, ethnic or national origin), religion, age or disability.