Float Studio is a tight knit but expanding office that values the individual growth and development of our designers alongside the overall success of the studio.
Role: Interns provide support to the partners and project managers in the execution of interior design and architecture projects. They will work under the direct supervision of the design team.
YOU ARE: You can think on your feet, are organized, and friendly. You work well under pressure and take initiative. You are a self-starter and don’t need constant instruction. You work confidently in Revit and Adobe CC. You have excellent attention to detail and are comfortable updating and helping to manage project budgets. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You have a good product knowledge of FF&E. You have an interest in developing your skill set in both architecture and interior design. You have an eye for detail and the ability to describe what you want.
- Provide Ad-Hoc support across all projects
- Assistance with Site Survey
- Drafting Existing Conditions
- Produce Rendered Elevations
- Assistance Sourcing and Pricing FF&E
- Assistance in Design Development: Plans, Elevations, Custom Furniture
- Management Of Resource Library
- 1+ Years professional Experience
- Approved for full-time work in the US
- BA or MA in interior design or architecture
- Familiar with Revit and 3D Rendering Software
- Experienced with Adobe creative suite
- Ability to stay organized between multiple projects
- Effective communicator between managers, clients, consultants and vendors
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Experience sourcing furnishings for commercial spaces.
- Ability to produce renderings, hand sketches, and presentation graphics
This is a paid position. Applicants must be located in NYC and qualified to work in the US.
Please send work samples, resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the desired role as the subject line.