Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects is hiring a studio manager to join its team in London.
Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects is a successful award-winning architectural practice of around 30 people, working across the residential, education and commercial sectors on a range and scale of projects.
We are seeking a studio manager to oversee and take responsibility for all studio support functions, assisted by a part-time administrator and IT manager. Reporting to the board of directors, this crucial and wide-ranging role would be suited to a proven multitasker with a focus on driving business and service development.
Supporting the directors and leadership team:
- practice management support lead: business compliance matters, premises issues, reporting, minuting actions
- HR administration support: processing leave and working arrangements, recruitment admin
- financial and equipment administration support: purchase invoices, supplier contracts and purchasing
- marketing and bid support, assisting with bids, awards, social media, press submissions and applications
Supporting architectural teams:
- ensuring the smooth running of the office, such as meet and greet, and ordering consumables
- organising social events, knowledge-sharing forums, client events
- calendar management, coordinating remote working arrangements
- setting up new project systems and folders
- assisting with document management
Candidates should possess:
- an interest in architecture and design; prior experience in a similar role is preferred
- professional and exceptional interpersonal skills
- a proven multitasker with an eye for detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- an eye for developing trends and a passion for innovation
- demonstrable skill in the use of MS Office; experience in the use of Quickbooks/Accounting packages is desirable
We are looking for a full-time office-based candidate to cover all areas within the roles and responsibilities. The role will be based at our offices close to Old Street station, London. As part of the practice, you’ll have the chance to join regular events and activities, including study trips, design charrettes and talks.
Please send a CV setting out relevant experience together with a supporting statement stating your motivation for the role.
Salary depends on experience. References from previous employers will be requested if required.
FBM Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have permission to work in the UK. No agency enquiries, please.