Studio Manager | Sr. Project Manager
RHG Architecture + Design is seeking a Studio Manager | Senior Project Manager with 12+ years of professional experience and excellent design skills to join our studio. We are an award-winning, boutique design firm specializing in residential, commercial, and hospitality projects.
We are looking for a seasoned professional with a passion for leading projects, people, and the development of our team! A talented, strategic leader who wants to foster a collaborative and creative environment where we continue to bring award winning design to our wonderful clients.
By providing leadership to the architecture studio this role will create and develop overall design concepts and provide guidance through the creative process for the design team through all phases of the projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Developing project plans, budgets, and schedules for collaboration and discipline integration.
- Managing project performance and profitability to ensure client retention and project success.
- Assigning, monitoring, and reviewing the creating of schematic, design development, construction drawings and specifications to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Provide solid leadership both in and outside the firm.
- Forecast hours, set budgets, and manage project hours and resources to achieve project targets.
- Manage project probable construction costs, estimates, owner’s budgets, and owner’s expectations
- Oversee all services during the Construction Administration phase of a project.
- Proactively manage issues that arise during any phase of a project, including problems that can be adversarial.
- Supervise architectural staff.
- Creating exposure of RHG A+D through networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Assisting the Founder in recruitment and development of talented team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- 12+ years of progressive architectural experience
- License preferred.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft platform + programs
- Working knowledge of SketchUp and Revit a plus
- Strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem solving.
- High level of organization and accuracy
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques.
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Ability to represent the RHG brand and firm in a positive and professional manner.
This is a fast-paced position that demands an organized, dynamic, and detail-oriented candidate. Professional attire, attitude and communication capabilities are expected.
RHG Architecture + Design is based in Montclair, New Jersey with projects in New Jersey, New York, Pacific North coast, and the Midwest. Our creative process is highly collaborative and interdisciplinary with services including architecture, landscape, interior design, branding/graphic design, and FF&E. We work with our clients to realize their intentions and how their environment can support their lifestyle and/or the soul of their brand. We are passionate about creating transformative spaces that are holistic, engaging, and consistent. Please visit our website www.rhgdesign.com and IG @rhgdesign. To apply email resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or national origin. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Compensation to be based on experience.