Marks Barfield Architects is looking for a part-time studio coordinator to join the practice.
To Coordinate an activity – to organise various people and things involved in it:
An interesting and varied administrative role in a small friendly office. This is a part-time three day a week role – five mornings a week, three days or flexibility with hours can be discussed. It is an office-based position.
Marks Barfield Architects is a multi-award-winning, entrepreneurial architectural practice that has been designing sustainable buildings for over 30 years, ethically and with a social conscience. Now on a further exciting journey dedicated to moving beyond sustainability to a regenerative practice – reducing negative impacts on the environment and actively giving back through improvements to building performance, the health and comfort of occupants and principles that address biodiversity. Our clients are jointly inspired to commit to these aims and we collaborate with them to achieve climate literacy.
We are based in Clapham, London. A convivial team that likes to celebrate with cake.
Working alongside the studio manager you will:
- sit at reception, answer the phone and greet visitors
- keep the office tidy (and the plants watered!)
- assist with general office and administration duties, including some diary management
- order supplies
- input the petty cash
- organise social activities
- aid the implementation of practical sustainable options wherever possible, and to update monthly figures for assessing and reaching carbon footprint targets
- support architects with social media, marketing documents etc
The ideal candidate will have:
- good communication, both verbal and written
- proficiency with IT, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, Microsoft Teams (InDesign a bonus)
- strong organisational skills and be able to effectively multi-task
- ability to prioritise own workload, complete tasks efficiently and meet deadlines
- ability to work independently and with others
- an enjoyment in attention to detail
- a confident, friendly, approachable and professional manner
- a proactive and innovative attitude
- an active interest in design, sustainability and plants
- knowledge of social media platforms – an advantage
- lots of common sense
Previous experience in a design office is beneficial but training in the role is available too. There is the opportunity to make areas of the role your own – if you choose to, we will support you.
Please apply for the role via the apply for job button below.
Marks Barfield Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.