Responsible for maintaining fabrication facilities for Sculpture,
Architecture, and Printmaking in the Studio Art Department, including
offering workshops and instructional materials for faculty, interns and
students. Works fluidly between analog to digital applications while
providing essential day and night support in the fabrication studios.
Serves as a coordinator and mentor for junior and senior majors,
providing technical feedback and tutorials for students, and support for
fabrication equipment at the HOP woodshop.
Bachelors plus 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Applicants must possess exceptional skills for digital fabrication workﬂow, ability to work between 2D to 3D, CAD to CAM process.
- Applicants should possess exceptional digital skills, especially for 3d modeling. Understanding of Rhinoceros 3d software is required.
- Applicants must have strong written and verbal abilities and the ability to work with various groups of people: students, interns, faculty, administration.
- Ability to track evolving in-house needs as well as evolving software and technology and to be proactive with respect to these matters.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Capacity to work independently and as a team.
- Some evening shifts will be required.
- MFA/MDes/MArch preferred.
- Additional computer based 3d modeling software (Auto CAD, Solid Works, SketchUp), Arduinos/electronics.
- Other Programming Languages
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Please visit the following link for the full job posting and additional information:
Please apply via the Dartmouth College Job Portal: