WHO WE ARE
A boutique architectural firm with a luxury focus, Drewett Works specializes in the upper end of both residential and end-user commercial building projects. With a detail-focused team and extensive exposure to the use of high-end finishes, we are eager to spread our creative boundaries on every project.
Residential projects have received accolades, such as Room of the Year (2019, 2020, 2021) and Home of the Year (2018, 2020) at the Best in American Living Awards. They are regularly featured in local, regional, and national design publications. DW designed Seven Desert Mountain, the newest clubhouse located at the prestigious Desert Mountain Golf Club, which received multiple awards and a selection by Golf, Inc. magazine as one of the best new golf clubhouses in the U.S.
Drewett Works projects have been featured in The Robb Report, Phoenix Home & Garden, Luxe Interiors + Design, Modern Luxury Scottsdale, AZ Foothills, Western Interiors, Trad Home, Western Art & Architecture, AZ Golf Insider, and Golf Inc. Current firm projects span the US from Florida to California as well as Loreto and Los Cabos, Mexico.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Drewett Works is looking for a Structural Engineer with at least 5 years of experience, a problem solver who devours a challenge and subscribes to lifelong learning. The core accountability of this role is to provide structural engineering analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage steel, and wood structures and produce structural construction documents using REVIT. The position requires the ability to work closely with our talented team of designers on our world-class projects.
This position is not for those interested in working in an isolated environment with a limited set of specialized skills. This position is for those who already have great talent and want to elevate their skills by collaborating with a rockstar team and contributing to the expansion of an office.
• Structural design solutions to meet the client’s program requirements through building system concepts, framing concepts, lateral design, framing design, foundation design, and specifications
• Detailing of concrete, steel, wood framing, and masonry building systems
• Coordinate structural construction drawings with Architectural, MPE, Civil, and other consultants as required
• Perform Structural Construction Administration tasks including, but not limited to, site visits and assessments, field observations and reports, shop drawing review, and response to project RFI’s
• Manage multiple assigned projects with staggered project phases which will occasionally include multiple concurrent projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Professional Degree (B.S. and/or M.S. in Structural or Architectural Engineering)
• Active professional engineering licensure, EIT certification required
• Minimum of 5 years experience, luxury residential experience a plus
• Deep working knowledge of Revit
• Strong sense of urgency for meeting deadlines
• Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills
• Possess and maintain exceptional work ethic, strong leadership, and self-motivation
• Uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
• PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, web-enabled applications, and database software
• A professional appearance and engaging manner with clients
• Competitive salary
• Health, dental, vision benefits, option for dependent coverage
• Flexible Savings Account option
• SIMPLE IRA option with matching up to 3% of salary
• Seven holidays annually + office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND PORTFOLIO TO: