Olson Kundig is a Seattle and New York City-based design practice founded on the idea that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people’s lives. The firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to academic, cultural, and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Marketing and Proposal Coordinator to support the firm’s strategic business development efforts.
The Senior Marketing and Proposal Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the firm’s leadership, Marketing Director, and Business Development Manager to lead and support marketing efforts for our diverse range of projects. The ideal candidate for this new role is a proactive self-starter and strong project manager. They are an expert writer with a global design perspective who enjoys crafting a visual and narrative story.
- Lead and support competitive pursuit process (RFQ, RFP, Interview, Design Competition, etc.) ensuring quality strategy and response
- Develop written content for a range of marketing materials, crafting narrative tailored to its unique audience and ensuring clarity
- Evaluate requests for proposals (RFPs) for shareholder review
- Coordinate the go/no-go decision-making process and provide overviews of each opportunity
- Identify and track new business prospects, partnerships, target markets, and industry trends
- Manage the organization of marketing collateral: boilerplate, project cut sheets, resumes, project portfolios, etc.
- Additional responsibilities include oversite of award submissions, lectures and presentations, market and competitor research as well as special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or other applicable discipline)
- Minimum of 5-8 years of industry/relevant experience
- Experience in proposal management
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and coordinate large teams
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM and other databases
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are collaborative, creative, and challenging
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Check our culture page to learn about life at Olson Kundig
In addition to a dynamic and creative culture, Olson Kundig provides a generous benefits package that includes 16 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonuses, profit-sharing plans for qualified positions, a monthly travel subsidy for public transportation, and more.
As a firm, we are committed to pay practices that are fair, competitive, and reflect internal pay equity. At the time of posting this job, the hiring range for this position in Seattle is between $77,000 and $85,000 annually and $80,000-$90,000 annually in NYC. Final salary decisions are made based upon the extent and relatedness of the candidate’s education and experience and considering internal equity and external market factors.
COVID-19 considerations: Full COVID-19 vaccination required or an approved medical or religious exemption.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.